Extraordinary Supplements: BCAAs, my fitness supplement
Posted by Mirela Mendoza on
If you work-out regularly or you are just starting to commit to an exercise routine, you've probably heard about BCAAs. Supplements are a great way to improve your performance when working out, and your body can use BCAAs to build muscle protein and produce energy. Contrary to most other amino acids, BCAAs are mostly broken down in the muscle, rather than in the liver. Because of this, they are thought to play a role in energy production during exercise. From pre-workout motivation to endurance and post-workout recovery, BCAAs are one of my greatest allies when it comes to achieving my fitness goals.
What are BCAAs?
There are 20 different amino acids that make up the thousands of proteins in our bodies. Without them, we are unable to function at our optimum level. Nine of them are essential amino acids, which means that they are not produced by your body and must be obtained through your diet. BCAAs or Branched Chain Amino Acids are a group of three essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
Where can I find BCAAs?
BCAAs are the building block of your muscles, which your body does not produce naturally so it asks that you help it out by supplementing these through diet. The best sources of BCAAs include beef, chicken breast, canned tuna, salmon, eggs, and of course dietary supplements.
The benefits of adding BCAAs to your diet:
- They help you grow and maintain muscle mass
- Adding them to your diet improves endurance during your workout
- May decrease muscle soreness and reduce exercise-induced fatigue.
- They are a great support for your immune system
- In women, they can assist with weight loss and lean mass
I like to use my BCAA in capsules or powder, they are an amazing ally before a workout to improve my endurance and after I exercise to help me recover muscle mass.
- Tags: BCAAs for women, BCAAs para mujeres, beneficios de los BCAA, benefits of taking BCAA, best BCAA supplements, Complementos Dietéticos, cuándo tomar BCAA, Dieta Mirela Mendoza, dietary supplements, Ejercicios Mirela Mendoza, how to improve physical performance, how to take BCAA, mejorar mi rendimiento físico, qué son los BCAA, should I take bcaas?, what are BCAA