My favorite breakfast recipes
Posted by Mirela Mendoza on
How many times have you heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It's true! As the name suggests, breakfast breaks the overnight fasting period. It's the meal that allows you to boost our energy levels and provides the essential nutrients you need to have an extraordinary day. Breakfast it's my favorite food. Even when I have to run and eat a snack bar or a smoothie, I try to have some kind of breakfast food as my first complete meal of the day.
As a mom and entrepreneur, I also know that mornings tend to be a bit chaotic. For many, it's the moment you have to work out, get the kids ready for school, and prepare for work. It doesn't matter how busy you are, you should never sacrifice breakfast. That's why I wanted to share my favorite breakfast recipes. These are practical options that will allow you to have a great morning, and you can twist them a little to adapt to your dietary options and have a lot of versatility in the mornings.
My Favorite Scrambled Eggs
I love eggs! They are a superfood that has many nutrients and you can combine in hundreds of ways. I love them scrambled, in omelets, or hard-boiled. But my all-time favorites are Scrambled Eggs with Turkey, Pico de Gallo, and Ezequiel Bread. The best part is that Scrambled Eggs are very quick and easy to make.
- 4 eggs
- 50 gr of Turkey
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 an avocado
- Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 of lime juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
For the Eggs
1. Heat a bit of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs with a fork in a bowl.
3. Add the chopped turkey and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
4. Pour the egg mixture onto a frying pan and cook, stirring every 5 seconds, until the eggs are set.
Pico de Gallo
1. Chop the Tomatoes, Onion, Avocado, and Coriander and put them in a bowl.
2. Season with salt, pepper, a bit of oil, and lime.
3. Serve with the scrambled eggs and Ezequiel bread.
4. 4. Enjoy!
Since I started the #ExtraordinaryChallenge I've changed this breakfast for a "fit" version using only 5 egg whites and avoiding Ezequiel bread. You can add variety by cooking the eggs in an omelet and combining them with other ingredients such as spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, or sun-dried tomatoes.
Extraordinary Berry Oatmeal
I've never avoided carbs, and oatmeal is one of my favorite ones! I usually make my oatmeal with water since it's easier to cook on the stovetop and cuts back dairy from my diet. This Berry Cinnamon Oatmeal is simple, healthy, and delicious!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of berries fresh or frozen (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pack of Stevia
1. In a small pot, stir oats, water, berries, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and stevia over medium-high heat. Leave some berries for the topping!
2. When the mixture starts to bubble, turn the heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 3-5 more minutes or until the oats are tender to your preference, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour oatmeal in a bowl, and top with berries, nuts, chia, or flaxseed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can make your oatmeal with Greek Yogurt or Almond Milk and add other fruits such as apple or banana as the topping. And if you are super-busy in the morning, you can prepare your oatmeal the night before and keep it in the fridge for a super practical overnight oats breakfast.
Healthy Salmon Toast
I love this Salmon Toast because it gives you a protein-packed breakfast filled with Omega 3. A power meal like this will get you through busy mornings, without spending too much time in the kitchen!
- 1 large slice whole-grain bread
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 150 gr. of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp of Kite Hill Cream Cheese (dairy-free)
1. Toast the bread halves until golden brown.
2. Spread Cream Cheese onto the toast.
3. Arrange the slices of salmon evenly on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle with chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
4. Serve immediately!
The great thing about toast is that you can play with many ingredients to have a great breakfast. From topping them with avocado, hummus, or a balsamic bruschetta to using other types of bread like pita, tortillas, or a Venezuelan arepa!
I hope you enjoy these simple and delicious breakfast options. They are quick, practical, and a great way to start your day. With this energy boost, you are set to have an extraordinary day.
What's your favorite breakfast recipe?
- Tags: breakfast recipes, desayuno Mirela Mendoza, easy breakfast, health, healthy breakfast, healthy eating, mis desayunos favoritos, salmon toast, scrambled eggs recipe